Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Week 3: Preview

Tomorrow the Riders are in the big TO, facing Ricky Ray and the defending Grey Cup Champs.

Roughrider Ricky Foley has been the focus of attention as he'll meet the team he left during free agency in February. He'll also be returning home. The Ontario native will find himself in familiar digs, surrounded by familiar teammates. Only this time he'll be wearing green.

What does his family think? Has he betrayed the Argos? Huh. Interesting to contemplate. What is very clear is Foley's eagerness to hit his old team.

And I mean hit them. The guys is frothing at the mouth to prove something. I love his intensity and I hope he gets to pound his old teammates often.

In a ceremony before the game, Foley will also receive his Grey Cup ring. Let's hope come November, we can order him a new one.

I'll be on the road during the game, so I'll be tuning in by Roughrider Radio. I'll re-watch it on the weekend and let you know my thoughts.


My picks for this week:
Saskatchewan at Toronto, 5:30 p.m., Thursday: This will be the first real test of the Riders this season. I expected Calgary to do something other than roll over and play dead. I have no doubt the defending Grey Cup Champs will put up a bitter fight to the end, but I say Riders come out on top and go 3-0.
Calgary at Montreal, 5:30 p.m., Friday: Neither of teams is looking pretty. In fact, Montreal looked like they were playing on life support. The god-like AC looked very, very, almost pathetically, mortal. I'm giving Montreal the edge, but only because Calgary had the crap beat out of them last week by the Riders.
Winnipeg at Hamilton, 4:30 p.m., Saturday: Wowsers. The basement dwellers will both be gunning to get that first W. I think I'm liking Winnipeg for this one. Buck looks like he's got his head together for the moment. [EDIT: My bad. Winnipeg already has a W. Oops!]
BC at Edmonton, 7:30 p.m., Saturday: Edmonton has a ways to go before they can be consistent contenders, although there will be drama in the stadium as Edmonton QB Reilly faces his old team. I'm gonna say BC has got this.

Cheer long. Cheer loud! Go GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment