Friday, August 19, 2011

Wowsa!

I predicted to a friend that if we lost the game in TO things would "ka-blewy!". And they did.

I honestly didn't expect a move til maybe Monday. But this does prove a theory that changes were in the works regardless of what happened in the game last night.

And are there any words of disappointment left to use on that hot mess from last night. At one point I wondered if the team had some sort of competition going on who to screw up the worst! It was borderline comical at one point. I mean you have to laugh - otherwise the pain of banging your head on the floor gets to you.

I mean... Durant bobbling the first play of the game? Every major return or catch was called back for some type of holding call or some other penalty. I couldn't keep up with the new ways they found to fail.

Third and one and they call a shotgun formation so they can hand their rookie tailback the ball seven yards behind the line of scrimmage. Who does that?! And again... why throw a four yard out when you need six freakin' yards? Would it kill them to design a play that actually had first down as it's goal.

Ok. Ok. I promised I wouldn't get worked up about this anymore. And truly it is water under the bridge. A new page has been turned. Our season starts today!

Bright spots (I know, I know, they were few and far between):

Dressler. This guy is a class act, top shelf, first rate professional. There isn't enough space in this blog to say what a relief it is to have Dressler on our team. And he plays with heart all the time. All. The. Time. I have never once seen him step out on the turf without intensity in his step. Without a doubt the best Rider on the field right now! Can't say enough about the little guy.

Hill. This guys is getting better. I like what I see. Not totally there yet, but on his way for sure.

Getlaf. Finally! Has been stinkin' things up for a while with a severe case of the drops. But he finally found his hands.

West. Not bad. Good showing kid.

Stuuuuuuuuuu Foord. Wow. Give this guy the football more often. Why don't we play him more?

I'm praying the days of horrible, ridiculous, face palm football are done.

No more whining. No more excuses. No more throwing the bloody kicker under the bus. Real football started today in Saskatchewan. I can't wait for Labor Day now! Swaggerville might just find their hands full.

Especially if a certain defector finds his way back to the Queen City by then.

Cheer long. Cheer extra loud today! Go GREEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment